Weddings - Renewals of Vows
Same Sex Ceremonies - Commitment Ceremonies - Baby Namings - Funerals


Butterfly Ceremony

Thursday, January 13, 2011

Never too old to get married!

Hi guys,

The New Year has kicked in & everyone is looking ahead to what it will bring for them. At this point I would like to say to everyone in the Queensland towns and further down south into NSW that the floods have affected my family and I send our thoughts & prayers to you.

On a lighter note I would like to share with everyone today the wedding I officiated last Tuesday being the 11th January at Toukley Senior Citizens Club. The bride looked gorgeous in a two piece ivory suit. She wore gold slipper type shoes. her name is Dorothy & she is 94. The groom is a handsome man who wore a pink coloured casual shirt and dress shorts. His name is Cyril and he is 86 and a double amputee.

This couple are the best of friends and soul mates. They met eight years ago and each Tuesday afternoon they attend Toukley Senior Citizens afternoon dance & sing-a-long so no better place to have their ceremony.

It was a lovely ceremony with emotions flowing high as Cyril & Dorothy both shedding some tears whilst saying their vows to each other.

I have known this sprightly couple for only a couple of months now but I will never forget them. They made me realise that at no matter what age love, friendship, togetherness and mate ship can prevail even though there may be what may seem some insurmountable obstacles in the way. This couple have shown me that love will find a way.

Dorothy told me that Cyril is the only one that ever made her really laugh! I can truly understand why as Cyril has a really good sense of humour.
His pet name for Dorothy is "passion pants" Say no more!

Take care

warm regards
Glenda Davison JP
Civil Marriage Celebrant
www.coastalcelebrations.com.au
glennie50davison@aol.com
0414839269

No comments:

Post a Comment