Weddings - Renewals of Vows
Same Sex Ceremonies - Commitment Ceremonies - Baby Namings - Funerals


Butterfly Ceremony

Sunday, December 5, 2010

Commitment Ceremonies

Hi guys,

December already & Santa is getting ready to make his trip down from the North Pole.The weather has been rainy,sunny,rainy sunny. Far out when are we going to get two sunny days in a row. Luckily it hasn't affected my ceremonies apart from the Commitment Ceremony I officiated for a couple of lovely young ladies at Caves Beach last Wednesday afternoon. Non stop rain but no wind so that made it not as bad. I was lucky to have a few extra umbrellas in my car for some of the guests without them.

Being a Commitment ceremony & it not being a legal ceremony by the laws of this country means that at some stage through the ceremony I have to inform the people that "this is not a legal ceremony." I also say that this ceremony will be just as special & warm as any ceremony that I officiate. I can't wait until Same Sex Marriages are legalised.

My gay couples are beautiful people just like my heterosexual couples. I believe it's all about love & commitment in any relationship. At that ceremony at Caves Beach in the rain I read something that one of the girls mother had written for her.
I would love to share it with you.

To my beautiful daughter, ...........
Your destiny was ordained long before your conception. If you love someone would you want less for them then all they could be?
You were meant to have it all, love takes care of that.
Yours was never meant to be an ordinary life, it was meant to be an extraordinary life.
All the planets were aligned perfectly; take a look in your mirror, at your beautiful face.
You were born perfect and your species ahead of time.
Wear your gayness with pride-always. If the rest were blessed they shall accept it legally one day.
There is nothing wrong with you my darling girl.
You were born perfect into an imperfect world.
Your kind is an exquisite evolving race and if others cannot see that then it’s their loss.
No my darling girl, you were never destined to lead an ordinary life, you were destined to lead an extraordinary life and I was blessed to be your very proud mother.
If it isn’t clear to you yet that you were not born to lead an ordinary life but to lead an extraordinary life go forward in peace and happiness always.
Love your mother


I hoped you liked it as much as I did. I was very proud that day to read this mums thoughts of her beautiful extraordinary daughter.

Take care guys

warm regards
Glenda Davison JP
Civil Marriage Celebrant
www.coastalcelebrations.com.au
0414839269

No comments:

Post a Comment