Weddings - Renewals of Vows
Same Sex Ceremonies - Commitment Ceremonies - Baby Namings - Funerals


Butterfly Ceremony

Monday, February 14, 2011

St.Valentines Day

Hi guys,

I hope everyone had a wonderful day today, I received a lovely sweet kiss off my husband when he came home from work this arvo & also the earrings that I picked out for him to buy me last week. We have been married a very long time and days like today come and go but as long as I have him I really don't care for presents or flowers.

Back in the day, way back in the day, way back in 270AD whenever that was Valentine was a bishop who held secret marriage ceremonies of soldiers. He did this without Claudius II who was the emperor at the time. He felt that married men were more emotionally attached to their families and would not make good soldiers.
He thought that marriage would make the men weak!

Along comes Valentine who was the "friend of lover's" and would marry them in secrecy. When Claudius found out he was not happy. He had Valentine arrested and sentenced to death.Valentine had befriended the daughter of his jailer, Aslerius.

Before the execution Valentine asked for a pen and paper and signed a farewell note to the jailer's daughter. it said "from your Valentine"
he was believed to have been executed on February 14Th, 270AD

From then on February 14Th became a day for all lovers and Valentine became a Patron saint. With the coming of Christianity the day became known as St. Valentine's Day.

So for all of you lovers out there I do hope you had a lovely day enjoying each others company, maybe a nice dinner a couple of wines, flowers and chocolates. Hopefully some of you will get engaged today and will want to get married next Valentine's Day.Don't forget to call me if you do!!!!!!

My Valentine's Day wedding this evening was beautiful and it will always have that extra special meaning to the couple, one of being married on such a romantic day.

In closing what do you think of my poem.....

Roses are red
Violets are blue
Be my Valentine
And I will always be stuck on you!

I think it's cute

Take care
warm regards
Glenda June Davison CMC JP
www.coastalcelebrations.com.au
glennie50davison@aol.com
0414839269

No comments:

Post a Comment