Weddings - Renewals of Vows
Same Sex Ceremonies - Commitment Ceremonies - Baby Namings - Funerals


Butterfly Ceremony

Sunday, May 8, 2011

The passing of Mr Ray McDougall.

Hi guys

I would like to dedicate this posting to my mentor & friend Mr Ray McDougall who passed away on Easter Saturday, aged 71. I felt it a great honour also when his family asked me to officiate Ray's funeral the following Friday.

My journey with Ray began when he became a regular customer at my coffee shop at Bay Village in 1995. He must of loved my coffee making skills as when I started a new business in 2004 at Cresthaven Ray once again supported me & was one of my loyal customers. I will always remember him as being well dressed & always friendly & polite and as he spoke to me I felt like he was always sincere & caring. He would sit & sip on his coffee & sometimes would order breakfast then he would either read the paper of one of his books.

He told me that he thought I would be a good celebrant and he even went as far as bringing to me a clipping from the local paper of a course at Ourimbah Uni that was starting in relation to Marriage Celebrancy. I did the course & past with flying colours and became appointed in September 2005.

The following months I would observe Ray's ceremonies & visit him at his home. The wealth of information that he has passed onto me has been invaluable & I believe made me the celebrant that I am today, confident, professional,caring,dedicated & always in control.

Ray's funeral was very emotional but I am sure that he would have been proud of me. I know that he was standing beside me keeping me in control. In all my ceremonies Ray's spirit will be there & I will never forget him. He was such a gentle man & a true gentleman.

I proudly call him my Friend and my Mentor and he will be forever unforgettable.

take care

warm regards
Glenda Davison CMC JP
www.coastalcelebrations.com.au
glennie50davison@aol.com
0414839269

No comments:

Post a Comment